Wednesday, March 14, 2012

(MommyJD) Hump Day Randomisms

Here are my random thoughts on this beautiful Wednesday- each of which is too short for it's own post.
  • After reading Black Enterprises' most recent "Top 40 Under 40," which included one woman I know personally and two women who went to my alma mater, I was super amped to get back to lawyering work! But then I remembered the mantra "I is kind, I is smart, I is important"- and that's good enough for me for now. Plus, none of those women get to spend their day with my KJ- and she is my (second) greatest accomplishment. 
  • Damon Wayons, Jr. is the only reason why I still watch Happy Endings. While funny at first, the nuances of each character have become so exaggerated it's starting to get predictable and annoying.
  • Where is the craziest place you put something where it didn't belong? This usually happens with pregnant women. When my sister and I were pregnant at the same time she told me she put a bottle of orange juice in the cupboard. I replied that I had put salad dressing under the kitchen sink. Sadly this still happens to me as I just now took out tupperware, put leftover food in it, and put it back in the cupboard with the other tupperware. Smh.
  • Multi-tasking while on the phone- I know I'm not alone with this one because my sister does it to me all the time. You're "listening" to the person on the phone while completing the 50 million tasks you had going on before the phone rang. Then before you know it there's a weird silence on the phone as if the person on the other end is waiting for some sort of response. And all you can really say is "mmmmhmmm. Yeah." Smh. That is so rude of me- I'm gonna need me to do better...
  • My son has the negotiation skills of a 5th year associate. This of course should not come as a surprise considering his grandfather and mother are attorneys. He'll ask for 10 cookies and I'll say, how about no cookies, to which he'll reply, how about 5 cookies, and that will go on until he is happily walking away with a cookie in each hand. Maybe me studying for the bar while pregnant with him has something to do with it...the boy has skills!
Happy Hump Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)