Tuesday, March 13, 2012

(2 Karats and a Kid) Introducing...Single Girl Sundays!!

Mommy-ism #24:  The grass is always...TURF...on the other side.

As a married woman and a mother, I often find myself having the same conversations with my single friends.  They tell me about their fun nights out on the town, their dating lives, and their Saturday shopping sprees.  I tell them about my playdates, dinner disasters, and impulse shopping at Target and on Amazon.com.  They rant to me about the lack of good men out there, I rant to them about how expensive daycare is in the city.

In the end, we feel equally grateful that we aren't in the other person's shoes while also wishing that we had a fleeting glimpse of the family life/single life/commitment/lack of commitment that the other person enjoys.

Some say that the grass is always greener on the other side, I say that the grass is usually turf on the other side.

Oftentimes, the life that we envy in other people is an illusion of our own design.  Because we oftentimes only see a snapshot of people's lives at any given point in time, we fill in the blanks of what we don't see with the ideals that come out of our own wishes, dreams, and desires.  This usually conflicts with reality and breeds unwarranted envy.

In part, the reason why I began to write is because I wanted to candidly share my experiences - both good and bad - with anyone who was curious or about to become a mother.  And since one good deed deserves another, I've rounded up some single friends to share the joys and perils of their dating lives with you.  Starting on March 18 and every Sunday thereafter, we will host, "Single Girl Sundays" with guest blog entries from as many single chicks as I can find who are willing to write.

Some of their stories may make you wish for a night out with your girlfriends.
Some of their stories may make you thank the Gods that you are no longer out there.

Regardless, I hope their stories make you laugh and appreciate where you are in life...no matter which side of the fence you may reside.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)