Wednesday, April 27, 2011

(Mommy JD) I'll take my salad dressing with a side of lettuce...

I've previously admitted that I have the palette of a 10 year old. Which is absolutely horrible since I'm almost 30. My husband is my own personal vegetable police and the nagging increases when I'm pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I eat some vegetables, some of the time. I just don't eat the "recommended" half a plate of vegetables at every meal. And since I do most (all) of the cooking, my son doesn't get many veggies either. And the po-pos never let me hear the end of it.

Anyway, two weeks ago I took my glucose screening test and I was so worried- I just knew I had gestational diabetes because of my poor diet. Well I apparently dodged that bullet, but I wasn't expecting the news about my low iron that I received today. I also have an elevated white blood cell count. This was all too much information and big time fuel for the vegetable police (whom I share not only a home with, but also an office). So now I have a script for iron pills and a new goal to eat better iron-fortified foods.

I am responsible for the life two children now. Time for mommy to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2012)